Company’s continued growth spurred by marketer’s need to understand consumer motivations; Number of customers grows more than 500 percent
RESTON, Va.— (BUSINESS WIRE) — Resonate, the only company that empowers marketers to act on why people make decisions, today announced that revenues in its brand market segment surged 428% in 2013. This marks the second straight year of growth in the brand segment reflecting growing awareness that marketers can connect on a deeper level, and improve media performance, if they understand “why” consumers take action.
“2013 was a breakout year for Resonate. Brands, political campaigns and cause marketers realized tremendous value by understanding and engaging with consumers based on what motivates people to take action,” said Bryan Gernert, Resonate CEO. “Our politics and public affairs business, where we began, nearly doubled as well, even in a non-election year. The explosive growth is happening in our brand advertising segment as we answer the call from marketers and advertisers who need to connect more deeply with their customers. The ability to provide customer analytics through our advertising products or directly through our Software-as-a-Service products helps explain the tremendous growth.”
- New Customers: Added 127 customers, with multiple clients exceeding $1M.
- New Products: In November 2013, the company rolled out Resonate Analytics, software that gives agencies and their clients an understanding of the motivations of paid and owned audiences.
- Research: Resonate now operates the largest, single purpose, primary research platform in the U.S., conducting hundreds of thousands of long form surveys per year.
- Employee and Infrastructure Growth: Staff grew by more than 20%, including four new senior executive hires. To support the growth of Resonate’s big data infrastructure – currently processing three quadrillion decisions and modeling 10 billion consumers attributes per day – the company recently added Xinyu Huang as Senior VP, Data Engineering. Prior to joining Resonate, he was VP of Data Engineering for Millennial Media, responsible for building its data processing infrastructure, as well its business intelligence and analytic platforms. Xinyu also spent more than 12 years pioneering digital measurement at comScore. To accommodate agency and marketer growth, Resonate also expanded its offices in New York City’s Silicon Alley, Washington DC and Los Angeles.
- Industry Accolades: For the second straight year ranked on Inc. Magazine’s annual list of America’s fastest growing companies. Also ranked in the top 100 private companies in Virginia & best places to work, and one of the 50 fastest growing private company in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Resonate is the only company to empower brand, political and cause marketers to identify and engage with audiences based on the reasons behind people’s actions. Combining the latest big data technologies with proven research and analytic techniques, Resonate powers motivation-based targeting and analytics across all digital media channels. The ability to deliver advertising based on an individual’s social and personal values and product purchase preferences, goes beyond simple demographics to achieve greater engagement, campaign results and customer insight. For more information visit http://www.resonateinsights.com.