As you may have heard, Google officially delayed its plans to eliminate third-party cookies on Chrome again. But now is not the time to rest on your laurels—quite the opposite. Apple’s Safari and other browsers have already phased out third-party cookies, and consumers are getting savvier and more demanding about their privacy. So, even though Google has delayed its promise to implement similar anti-tracking policies by 2023, you still need to prepare for heightened privacy concerns now.
First-Party Data is the Foundation, But There’s More to It
Marketers often have a limited understanding of who their customers really are and aren’t taking full advantage of their first-party data to provide this insight. This makes creating personalized and highly targeted experiences that customers expect challenging.
The potential of your first-party data is limitless. It not only offers insights into your most valuable audiences, but it also serves as a powerful tool to take control of your data destiny.
In a (soon-to-be) cookie-free world, where consumers’ attitudes, intent, and behaviors change rapidly, and demand for personalization is at an all-time high, it’s even more critical to optimize the use of first-party data to inform meaningful customer experiences. For that, you need to go deeper than traditional data strategies.
Ask the Right Questions as You Plan Your First-Party Strategy
It might not be today or Q3 of 2023, but the deprecation of cookies is coming, and you can plan on the change being disruptive. But like many obstacles we’ve overcome, you will master the cookie deprecation… as long as you’re prepared.
Some questions marketers, publishers, and networks should be asking themselves are:
- With the loss of third-party cookies, the online third-party data ecosystem will likely suffer a loss of signals. How can I replace those insights?
- We’re living in unprecedented times that affect how consumers think, feel, and act. How can I conduct first-party research to stay abreast of evolving consumer sentiment and behavior?
- Data recency and freshness can be the difference between reaching someone at the precise point in their purchase cycle and missing my window of opportunity. How will I ensure my data is always fresh so I can optimize my marketing engine?
- Nearly half of all marketers say scalability is their main limitation when building audiences. As consumer expectations for personalization increase, how will I evolve my segmentation strategy to keep pace?
- User and device IDs are replacing cookies as the primary form of measurement. How will I transition into new, more relevant metrics?
- My budget structures will inevitably change. How will I choose where to invest my money effectively?
Supercharge Your 1P Data with Rich, Recent, Relevant Insights
How much more powerful can your marketing be when you know your audiences value excitement or creativity, if they care about corporate responsibility, and whether they spend most of their social media time on TikTok or Instagram? These insights allow you to personalize messaging and speak to consumers beyond their relationship with you.
With Resonate, you get access to all the rich, relevant, real-time data in the Ignite platform, and you can onboard and enrich your data with always-fresh, actionable insights—like the ones I just mentioned. Enriched first-party data leads to better understanding. And better understanding leads to better segmentation, more personalized experiences, and increased customer lifetime value for you or your clients.
Get the most out of your first-party data. Discover the Resonate Ignite Platform.
Categorized as: Privacy Safe Data