Company Increases the Number of Million Dollar Clients by 5X
RESTON, VA — (Marketwire – Feb 21, 2013) — Resonate, the only advertising technology company that gives marketers the ability to target audiences based on people’s values, today announced significant corporate growth in 2012. The 72 percent revenue expansion is attributed to a significant increase in its brand business as the number of new brand deals increased 116 percent in 2012.
“2012 was the year that Resonate and values-based targeting hit the tipping point,” said Bryan Gernert, CEO of Resonate. “It’s the introduction of Illuminate that pushed our brand business to the forefront — growing faster than its Politics and Advocacy counterpart in an election year where we ran over 100 campaigns. Clients, such as Toyota, realize that targeting is just a piece of the overall picture. The reality is that the true value of campaigns comes from the insights that give way to a deeper understanding of the audience and why they’re responding. And that’s just not something they can get anywhere else.”
Additional 2012 company highlights include:
- New business: Brand business outpaced the politics and advocacy business (116 percent to 107 percent).
- Unprecedented research scale: Resonate’s continuous research methodology increased volume by 226 percent, resulting in greater depth of audience definition and deeper insights reporting for clients.
- Pioneering Big Data on Consumer Values: Processing 1TB of new behavioral data per day and increased the total amount of data that it analyzed for audience attributes and values to over 100TB for the year, with that volume expected to double in 2013.
- Employee growth: Increased staff by 84% to support the rapid growth of the business and investment into the data and analytics groups.
- New product offerings: First-ever application of values targeting to video advertising campaigns; Introduction of Illuminate, the industry’s first analytics and insights platform that enables brands and advertisers to understand the motivation behind consumers’ purchasing decisions.
- Industry accolades: Ranked on Inc. Magazine’s annual list of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies, recognized by Washington SmartCEO as one of the 50 fastest-growing companies in the area and named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia by Virginia Business and Best Companies Group
“The power of values-based targeting was realized by hundreds of political and brand marketers in 2012, as evidenced by the significant growth of Resonate last year,” said Revolution Growth Fund Co-Founder Ted Leonsis. “Being able to target an individual based on otherwise unidentifiable values such as self image, family, environmentalism or patriotism is truly powerful and as more marketers demand greater ROI from their campaigns, Resonate is well-positioned for continued growth.”
Resonate enables advertisers to better understand and reach audiences based on consumers’ belief systems and values that drive product decisions and support for a cause or candidate. Our proprietary platform allows marketers to build rich consumer profiles to power online advertising campaigns, and gain actionable consumer insights before, during, and after execution. Resonate’s insights power the campaign performance of leading brand and political advertisers.
Resonate is headquartered in Reston, Va. with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, and Washington, D.C. For more information visit:www.resonateinsights.com.