This election cycle has been a whirlwind. A big pro-choice win at a Kansas referendum after the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Pat Ryan’s razor-thin victory in a district expected to swing Republican, and the recent student debt cancellation all happened in the span of a month. Coming into the midterms, it will be imperative for political campaigns to keep a pulse on voter sentiment and intent.
Resonate just released an updated, comprehensive analysis of the sentiment, intent, motivations, and values of American voters who will determine the results of the 2022 midterm elections. Using AI and machine learning-based research, we uncovered 10 unique voter segments political campaigns need to understand, target, and engage to get out the vote and win the midterms. Each segment is described in the 2022 Resonate Midterm Election Voter Landscape report and is available for direct activation across all channels and first-party data enrichment.
The Midterm Voter Segments You’ll See at the Polls in 2022
- “Resistance” Democrats (10.3% of the U.S. population) live primarily on the West Coast and make up the most socially liberal Democrats. They are least interested in police reform and racial equality.
- Build Back Better Democrats (9.4% of the U.S. population) are mostly baby boomers and Gen X. These voters have diverse interests, most of them apolitical, and many of them are teachers.
- ConservaDems (8.5% of the U.S. population) are predominantly millennials and majority-minority voters. They strongly believe President Trump and white supremacists are the top threats to the U.S.
- Vote Blue No Matter Who (4.8% of the U.S. population) voters believe police reform should be a top priority for this administration and are more likely to think the government should cancel student debt.
- Disenchanted Liberals (15.8% of the U.S. population) make up our youngest segment, comprised mainly of Gen Z. They strongly support pro-choice issues and promoting gender and race equality.
- Unregistered Independents (23.0% of the U.S. population) are not sure what political party to trust regarding healthcare and education, but over 30% favor Joe Biden and the Democratic Party.
- Ultra-MAGA (9.1% of the U.S. population) are a high turnout Republican group who believe Trump made America great again. They are driven by their devotion to God and are very socially conservative.
- Reaganite Republicans (7.4% of the U.S. population) believe controlling illegal immigration is a top political issue and largely oppose government policies that promote “redistribution of wealth.”
- Conceited Conservatives (6.4% of the U.S. population) are a predominantly Hispanic group that holds the highest voter turnout of the GOP but vote primarily for their personal economic benefit.
- Republicans in Name Only (5.3% of the U.S. population) don’t believe Biden was the legitimate winner of the 2020 election and think that too much government spending is to blame for inflation.
Want to understand the key issues important to these Democratic and Republican segments? Download the full report HERE.
Win with Unparalleled Voter Intelligence and Media Activation
The 2022 voter landscape is still evolving, and the voter file alone won’t win an election. Resonate will upload and target any voter file you’re required to use — but we can do so much more. Our A.I. modeled first-party data will do the heavy lifting for you to maximize your reach and re-gain any voters you lose in the on-boarding. Plus, we’ll show you how to increase the relevancy of your message using the Midterm Voter Landscape, scaling to your state and targeting voters who are fixated on specific issues by using political attributes you won’t find anywhere else.
Custom-made media campaigns with more relevant messaging that appeal to the values and the issues most important to winnable voters are the most effective way to motivate them to cast their vote for you on election day. Resonate can help you identify and better understand critical voter and stakeholder audiences, implement quick, cross-screen digital targeting, and improve ad message relevancy across their intended targets—all leading to superior campaign success. And we can do it TODAY in time for the midterm elections. Are you ready to win? Talk to us.